I woke this morning
The birds were singing in the sky
The cocks
crew nearby along:
I thought to myself
“People wonder what tomorrow holds
But don’t bother how today unfolds’’
I prayed to God and said;
Lord! Help me to use today wisely.
I came
to realize these facts:
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift
This is why it’s called “THE PRESENT”
The silent present is given to everyone
But so many don’t even bother to unwrap it
Before bothering about tomorrow.
They go about, seeking the future
What exactly is this future?
Who has ever lived in the future?
I began to see;
To see that the present holds the key
To the future we seek
“Seek no longer” I say!
Instead of bothering about tomorrow
Thereby building blocks of sorrow
Let us make good use of “this present’
Which the lord has so freely sent
Sow seeds of kindness,
Live with utmost gladness:
Then, we will realize
Tomorrow is just a later today.
No comments:
Post a Comment